<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11903143\x26blogName\x3dLacking+Rhyme+and+Reason\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://phantomtollbooth.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://phantomtollbooth.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-6258411686423120118', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

5.02.2005

 
Yesterday as I walked to work I ran into my spanish teacher from last semester, out with her family. As I stood there and talked to her her daughter snuck around the bushes that separated her mom and I. She ran up to me and hugged me around the waist. I looked down and she looked up and smiled big. She had on her father's sunglasses, and they were hilariously huge and made me want to say "awwwwww" out loud. She put the sunglasses on top of her head and looked up at me and smiled, and hugged me some more. I rested my hand on her back, and smiled back at her, and said hi. Then I continued to talk to her mom while she continued to hug me. It was really nice. It felt right.

I've always worried about it, but maybe I will be a good father after all. Aside from the complete lack of physical or emotional bonding my dad wasn't so bad. It only took him 18 years to realize that maybe I'm not such a dumbass. That's pretty impressive looking around at other people's parents. Chris' parents still think he is a dumbass, and he owns a house. A house. How much more grown up does he need to be? This was a pretty stellar weekend, and if it is any indication of how the summer will be (and I think it is) then, ladies and gentlemen, we are going to have a blast. There will have to be some road trips in there somewhere; get out of the city for a while and see the butt-rape backwoods of our nation's highways and bi-ways. Bi-ways? Nevermind.

For the next three days one of the foremost mathematicians in the world will be on campus lecturing for the annual Cantrell Lectures. I am so excited about it I could just throw up all over myself. He is going to talk about how physicists are starting to correlate non-locality with the tenets of string theory. Not to make this any less important for them, but I thought of that about 3 years ago. I have the term paper to prove it. Now all the johnny-come-lately's have their theories swirling around, and just because they have math behind it they are the ones who get to take all the credit. Well, I am not telling them about my idea to use the principles of non-locality to communicate across space instantaneously with morse code delivered through hydrogen clouds. That shit is all me. If you hear anyone mention such a thing in the scientific world, you will know that they just stole that shit from me, plucked it right out of the collective unconscious maybe, but got it from me all the same. Science holds hands around the world...etc. The lectures will be great though. For more information you can follow the link below:

The Cantrell Lectures given by Sir Penrose. Even if you don't like math or physics the guy has an awesome enough name for you to come see him anyway. Sir Penrose. Fucking rule.

|


Bunny Mcintosh
Kyle Weekend
Ilisu
Dehumidifier
Midnight Mailman
Raymi
Zulieka
Seymore and Dos Boheinde
Dongresin
Patrick Drury
Squirrel Power
Jay V
Etienne Aida
Jason Sho Green
Flagpole
Banksy
The Onion
Instant Message
E-mail
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com